“Impression” is the keyword when selling your house! You need to get your house ready to sell by doing some preparation. Get it inspected by a professional, if you want to pay a little for maximum results, or if you don’t want to spend much money you can do by yourself .
Now that is the question, how to get your house to impress a buyer?
Beautify your exterior!
What you do is just beautifying. The goal is to make your exterior look pretty and fresh to impress your buyer. Just to inform you that the exterior becomes the first impression to overlook a house. There are two sensory organs of a buyer you must impress. Those are eyes and nose. By bringing the garden homelike condition to your house exterior, making it looked pretty and freshening it up. The steps you can do are:
- Get the grass, trees, flowers, and plants tidy and fresh by mowing and watering it
- Clean up the curb and entering path and put the potted flower in the sides.
- Freshen up the smells by put scented potpourri.
- Clean up all of windows and entering doors.
- Get rid of equipments out of sights.
- Paint the walls if necessary.
Make the Interior Cosy!
After a potential buyer gets impressions from your house exterior, do some simple works to get the cosiness of your house interior. It aims to make a buyer feel homelike by entering your house. The below can be included:
- De-clutter your house
- Clean up the tile floors; scrub it if there are some bad spots.
- Get rid of spider net from your ceilings.
- Wash the carpets with a fragrant soap.
- Get your furniture placed tidily and gets rid of unnecessary pieces.
- Brush the cupboards.
- Clean the garage, basement, and or attic
- Have the windows opened and clean, it will bring freshness to your house inside
- Put some fresh fragrance in your air conditioning.
Repairing and Replacing!
Some repairing and replacement is necessary to do, if there is some broken furniture, equipment, or appliances. You should get the following fixed before viewing start.
- Broken or missing door
- Cabinet handles
- Ventilation filters
- Broken tiles in bathroom and kitchen
Another good idea is to get your friends’ opinion
Assume some friends like a buyer, and get some advice and suggestion to make your house get more ready to sell. And the most important thing is your friends feel your home like their own home.